Sunday 5 April 2009

4th April - Bike

Wimbleball, Exmoor

UK Ironman 70.3 bike leg - 56 miles - 3:40

I went down to ride the half-ironman bike leg with Maurice, Crazy-horse and Champ. We sticked together on the first lap and did a pretty easy 1:55 split then we did the 2nd lap at our own pace - I did a 1:45 for the second lap. Overall pretty pleased with this form at this early point in the season. My PB for this course is 3:16 in last year's race and my race splits over this course over the last 3 years have been:

2005 - 3:34
2006 - 3:30
2007 - 3:16

I was pretty far from my PB time but given that it was a start of season ride this wasn't bad and with a faster 1st lap and aid station support I think this would have been considerably faster.

1 comment:

Hinksy said...

spot the deliberate mistake in your post.....